Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Things I Love: Random Encounters

Don't ask me why I love them so much. I just do. I love having conversation with people so unlike myself. I am so inspired and interested in people. How they think, and why they love the things they love. What experiences they have been through that make them act the way they do. I just love it.
 
You might be wondering what the heck I am talking about. I will tell you know. First off, I have an early class. When I say early I mean it starts at 8:30 am. That doesn't seem that early, but in order to make it to class on time I have to catch the bus at 7:17am. Let's just say I have A LOT of time to get to class. Here is another thing. Campus at 8:00am is pretty much deserted, and I absolutely love it. It is the perfect time for a nice walk to class, and a good time to enjoy listening to some music. Not to mention today it is pouring outside, so that made it about a billion times better.
 
Anyways, while walking to class today a guy stopped me asking where the student services building was. Let's just say I don't know my campus at all, so I only had an idea as to where it was. I asked him if he knew where the Union building was which led to him telling me he was actually from Brigham City, and was only here to take a test. Since I still had about a half hour before I had to go to class, I told him I could walk him there. He told me that he was not used to cities, and had already gotten lost on his way here. He was definitely a country boy. He was here to take a test so he could work on the railroad, which I found strangely awesome. I don't really know why I am telling you this. It was just fun talking to someone that I usually never would. I'm glad I didn't just tell him I didn't know where it was, and walk on because he somehow managed to make my day just because of the nice conversation. So... yeah. I love random encounters, and I wish they happened more.
 
To the cool country boy I met today, good luck with your test! It was a pleasure meeting you.
 
Currently Listening:
"Broadripple Is Burning" by Margot & The Nuclear So and So's
 


No comments:

Post a Comment