"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead." - Hemingway
This quote reminds me of summer, and how much I can't wait for summer. I want to make this a summer in the sun, full of adventures, trying new things, meeting new people, and getting out of my comfort zone. A time to remember to have fun, and just go along for the ride.
Monday, March 26, 2012
You guys... I love Ingrid Michaelson. I don't know what it is about this song, but from the moment it starts I am just mesmerized. It is so simple. I am guessing you see that recurring theme in the music I choose. I love something simple, but so simple it is powerful. Does that make any sense? Probably not. Haha Well at least it makes sense in my head! This is one of those songs were I just close my eyes, sit back, and enjoy the ride. I hope you enjoy it!
On another note, I went and saw the midnight showing of Hunger Games... I am so conflicted in my opinion of it! I though the girl who played Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) was phenomenal! She was pretty much exactly how I pictured her! Well, so I don't ruin anything for anyone I will just give my quick brief opinion. I thought the movie did a very good job at making sure they got in all the major parts of the book, but I thought the development of relationships between the characters was seriously lacking. The book practically rips your heart out with every page. A HUGE part of it is the emotion of these insane Hunger Games. That part was not there for me, but I did spend most of the time comparing the movie to the book. I need to see it again and view it as something completely different from the book. Maybe I would like it better. Overall, I enjoyed it. Anyone else have this same problem?
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
- Skirts that reach you knee. I feel like skirts that reach the knee are a lot more flattering and classy. Just my opinion. I also feel like they are a lot more comfortable. Don't have to worry about bending down, and showing off everything. Haha Sorry boys.
- Colorful things. There is just something about colorful things that bring a smile to my face.
- Old Pictures. I LOVE going through old pictures of myself. I like to see how I have changed, and how the people around me have. Pictures are the best way to capture memories.
- Summer concerts. There is nothing better than going to an outdoor concert in the summer. I am specifically thinking of Red Butte. I can picture it now. The beautiful mountains in the background, a blanket to sit on, a lovely picnic to enjoy while waiting, and of course enjoying some awesome music while feeling a nice summer breeze. Pure bliss I tell you.
- Having enough to find new music. I was able to do this on Sunday, and I was beyond thrilled. I never have the time to find/listen to new music, so when I do I take full advantage of it! There is something so relaxing about it. It is for sure one of my favorite things.
Have a fantastic day everyone!
Monday, March 19, 2012
I don't know about you, but Kari Spieler's style is to die for! How awesome is that hair?! I just really love the style of this music video, not to mention the awesome vocals. The guy singer in this kind of bothers me, but I just try to not really pay attention to him. He is a little hard to watch. Haha His vocals are still awesome though!! I found this lovely band through Christina Caradona's blog Trop Rouge. Visit it here!!! Every one have a fabulous Monday, and enjoy some music! Any music suggestions?
Sunday, March 18, 2012
I am really excited for these posts. I always find so many beautiful things all around me! I hope that this can be a way to share a little bit of what I find with everyone. This could pretty much be anything. A memory, quotes, music, movies, nature, books, or clothing. Most of it will probably be art and photography I find. I absolutely love photography, so apologies ahead of time if that is pretty much all you see for a little while! Here is the first thing that I would like to call beautiful...
found here (I couldn't access the Elle magazine website, but you should be able to get to it from here)
I don't know about you, but I absolutely adore Amanda Seyfried. She seems very different to me. A lot of guys that I talk to do not find her beautiful, but I very much disagree. I think she is absolutely beautiful. She has such a strange, natural beauty. I can't even describe it. She really has an interesting face, but it is beautiful. I can't even explain it! Haha I loved this photo shoot she did with Elle. This was one of the first times I had ever seen her with a lot of makeup on. I just think that she would be a very cool person to know, and she just seems normal. That is not usually the case for a lot of celebrities. I also am in love with the photography aspect of this. It is so simple, but absolutely beautiful. I am a big sucker for simplicity. It is kind of how I role. I hope you enjoyed this, and I would really recommend going and reading her interview with Elle and checking out the rest of the photos!
p.s- I have discovered lookbook! I am pretty much obsessed at the moment! I am getting a lot of new inspiration. I absolutely love it! Check it out!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
- I absolutely love the coziness of this outfit. I am a little obsessed with the bow as well!
- I totally am falling for this print. I love how she paired it with that bright cardigan. So cute!
- How cute is that beanie? I am dying over it! I really love the simplicity of this outfit. It just seems creative without being flashy.
- I am loving this lovely lady this week. I really Jen's top and the colors of this skirt. Kind of random, but I also think her hair looks fa nominal.
- Again, the print is killing me! Love.
- The colors of this lovely ladies outfit are awesome. I love the bright yellow with that blue.
- I couldn't forget the beautiful Elizabeth. These shoes are making me swoon! This dress is so funky, and I absolutely love it!
Thank you all you lovely ladies for your amazing taste and for your daily inspiration! Everyone, make sure you check them out! Love them all!
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
- Audrey Hepburn. I don't know if there is a more lovely and classy lady out their. I need to find out more about her. She just amazes me to no end! She was just a flawless specimen I tell you.
- Journal Writing. I am so thankful for this. I don't think there is any other way for me to get all my crazy thoughts out. I usually have so many different ideas going through my head. I find it hard to organize it all. That is what I use journal writing for. It let's me get all my crazy ideas out so I can make room for more! Haha
- The Sun. I always thought I would want to live in a place like Oregon or Seattle, but I really don't think I could handle it. I get way to depressed when the sun isn't out. There is nothing better than when it has been dark and gloomy for a week, and then one random day it is nice and sunny. It is like there is hope in life. Haha just kidding. Really though, I need the sun.
- Breaks from School. I am on my spring break at the moment, and even though I am sick it has been pure bliss. These breaks are much needed for me. I get burned out from school so easily. I don't know if I could cope without the breaks in between!
- New Swim Suit. Whoo! I am so beyond stoked for my new swim suit! It is from Anthropologie, and it is absolutely fabulous. I am currently waiting for it to come in the mail. I can't wait!
Find this beauty and many others here
Today was so awesome! My lovely friend Robmary helped me completely makeover my blog. I love it!!! I was so happy to find someone who actually knew what they were doing. She really helped me get the look I wanted. Another great thing is she has the cutest blog ever! Totally check her out! I promise you will love it! I mean come on, how cute is her button?!
Another exciting thing that happened is I got my hair cut today! Whoo! It is short and VERY blonde. I will post a pic soon. Everyone have a lovely evening! Remember what you are thankful for!
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Sadly, I see this kind of thing all the time. Good ol' Utah.
Thrice farewell concert tickets! :( Extremely depressed about this, but insanely excited to go!
Happy Birthday little bro! To bad you are 17, and at least a foot and a half taller than me. Little bro doesn't exactly suit you anymore.
Black Keys <3
The coldest experience of my life! Well not really, but it sure felt like it!
Just a Sunday afternoon.
Just the love of my life. No big deal.
I have caught some sort of a cold, and it is really frustrating. I always seem to get sick when I am on a break from school (it is spring break). Oh well. I will just spend my time napping, and watching episodes of Ellen. There is a possibility of going to St. George this weekend which will be awesome! If it actually happens. Haha I am really bummed, because I wanted to read "The Hunger Games" before it came out next week, but I am to cheap to buy it and the wait is to long at the library. Oh well I guess. Hopefully I will remember what is going on! Well I must be going. It is almost time for my second dose of cold medicine. Living the life right here!
Monday, March 12, 2012
I am planning on getting a complete blog makeover this week. One of my friends is going to teach me all this crazy html stuff, which I do not understand one bit! It is quite unfortunate. Hopefully I can pick it up. Haha
I also have really been thinking about what I want this blog to become, or be focused on. The truth is I have absolutely no idea. Really it is just about my life, and all the randomness in between. I am not going to put a label on it. I am just going to let it be, and hopefully people will still read it! One thing I have been thinking a lot about is the title of my blog. What does it mean to me? I love my blog name, but I realized it doesn't really fit, so I am going to make it fit. I have forgotten to let it kind of form the base of my blog. This is why I have decided to start doing some I Would Like to Call It Beautiful blog posts. These posts are just going to be about what I find beautiful at the moment. I love finding things that I see as beautiful. I am guessing a lot of this will be pictures that I find beautiful, so it could end up being pretty random. I just love how we live in a world full of insane beauty. I seriously know that it is in everything. We just have to take the time to find it. Sometimes it can be hard. Hopefully I can point out the little things in life that really have true beauty.