Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Good Conversation

Yesterday I was going through all the many blogs that I read when I stumbled upon I Think I Just Blogged Myself and read a very interesting blog post. It was about having a good conversation with friends. A conversation about the things that are actually important in life, should be important in life, or not important at all. Just a conversation with a little bit of everything.
As I continued to read this post I realized how much I wish I could have a good conversation with someone. It seems as though I always have so much going on, and there is no one to talk to sometimes. Most of my friends don't live near me anymore, so it is hard to talk sometimes. I really just want to go to a little coffee shop, bookstore, or anywhere quiet and just have a good conversation. I want to have a conversation that makes me think, and that makes me question.

I feel that some part of never having good conversations anymore has to do with the invention of texting. You are talking to people almost 24 hours a day, so you never feel the need to have a REAL conversation. Only bits and pieces of your day. You can't have a really good conversation over texts. You just can't. You can't really have that great of conversations of the phone either. It is the face to face conversations that you remember the most. Maybe that is because they don't happen that often anymore. So here is to real conversations, and may there be more of them please!

xoxo

Shelby

2 comments: